Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Theme: Balinese Lifestyle

On this trip to Bali, a friend of mine gave me a challenge to go with a theme for photography. I took the challenge and it turned out to be a better photography trip than all my previous trips. Now I have something in mind when I take my photos. I will be on a constant lookout for what I want to take.

A horseman waiting for his next customer. A few times we were really tempted to give it a try.

DSC_0012

We see these green square shape thing with flowers and incense almost everywhere we go in Bali. I think it’s got to do with some religious purpose.

DSC_0054

90% of the seafood we eat in Bali comes from the daily catch of these tireless fishermen. A lone boat still out there hoping to catch a few more fishes before the light is out.

DSC_0058

DSC_0059

Tall brick gates are common in Bali. Whenever I see such gates, I will find a temple nearby. Guess it’s a gate to peace?

DSC_0037

A woman washing the plates in a small drain just outside her house. Her daughter was actually “doing her business” there.

DSC_0125

The sky is so beautiful but the people are oblivious to it’s beauty. A sharp contrast between peace and busyness.

DSC_0152

This old lady was actually picking tin cans in the bushes, but she gave me a wide smile when I took out my camera. I just love the simplicity of the Balinese people.

DSC_0157

Many would have thought beggars are common in countries like Indonesia. Believe it or not, this man was the only beggar I saw in Bali. In fact, a boat man told me the entire Indonesia economy is very much supported by the money generated from Bali tourism.

DSC_0159

A group of kids pulling along a bull in celebration of a temple activity.

DSC_0205

Can’t help but being attracted to this small boy by the road side. Again, it’s the smile.

DSC_0208

This cute lady was asking me to give her some money when I was taking her photo.

DSC_0317

I want to sum up my trip to Bali with this photo. Bali is a peaceful place but not boring. It is a very colourful island.

DSC_0163

No comments:

Post a Comment